||Fundamentals of Statistical Process Control
||James R. Evans
||American Management Association
|Field Of Study:
|Purchase This Course
Learn How To:
- Apply statistical thinking to quality improvement
- Use statistical tools to analyze a wide variety of daily work problems
- Select appropriate control charts for different applications
- Interpret variability in work processes
- Construct a histogram of set data
- Develop and analyze run charts and control charts for variables and attributes data
- Quantify process capability through data analysis and control charts
- Compute and interpret process capability indexes
Gain skills needed to apply statistical thinking to quality
improvement using facts, data, and analysis. Develop and
analyze process-appropriate charts.
About This Course
As one course among many offered in the American Management
Association's curriculum, Fundamentals of Statistical Process Control has
been designed specifically for the practicing manager and the future manager. It
provides private, self-paced, individualized study; learning and self-evaluation
through in-text exercises.
Dr. James R. Evans is Professor of Quantitative Analysis and Operations
Management and Director of the Total Quality Management Center in the College of
Business Administration at the University of Cincinnati. He received B.S.I.E.
and M.S.I.E. degrees from Purdue and a Ph.D. from Georgia Tech. Evans has
published over 70 papers in various research journals and conference
proceedings, and is author or co-author of eight books, including Applied
Production and Operations Management, 4th Edition; The Management and Control of
Quality, 2nd Edition; Creative Thinking in the Decision and Management Sciences;
and Total Quality: Management, Organization, and Strategy. He sits on the
editorial boards of several professional journals, is an active consultant and
educator in management science and quality, and serves as an Examiner for the
1994 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
The publisher wishes to thank James L. Bossert, Sr., Sandra Claudell, and
Linda A. Burkell for their help in reviewing the manuscript of this course.
Table Of Contents
How To Take This Course
Finance For Managers