Welcome to flexstudy.com, a self-study site bringing you quality online courses written and designed by the American Management Association. You get the latest management information, "how-to" explanations, practical examples, and real solutions to your daily challenges.
The courses bring up-to-date, real world solutions for today's business challenges. Individuals, corporations and institutions can all benefit from these time proven materials. Each online course is filled with practical exercises relating the underlying theory to your every day work environment. Our approach to the training material enables employees to immediately apply their course work to the job.
- Practical - Not just theory, but a practical informational approach to solving your every day challenges. Exercises that allow you to apply theory to your specific work environment.
- Flexible - Choose from convenient online self study formats that let you study on your own time and at your own pace. For the more traditional employees the training material may be printed to create a binder and used for future reference.
- Measurable - Measure your knowledge with a variety of testing components, such as pre-test, post-test, chapter exercises, chapter review questions and case studies.
- Cost-effective - Reduce costs by eliminating travel and time out of the office.
- Recognized - American Management Association Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and flexstudy.com Continuing Professional Education credits (CPEs) give you immediate recognition for your career development efforts and allow you to build a permanent record of your accomplishments.
This Month's Training Tip: Leadership
There are five leadership areas or skill sets that will help ensure organization performance. They are:
The term skill sets is used because there are a number of supporting skills that leaders must develop and deploy in each of the five areas.
Effective leaders possess and use a wide variety of skills.
- Providing direction
- Leading by example
- Enabling others
- Sharing power
- Seeking a better way
The leadership skill sets are drawn from the recurring and consistent messages that emerge from the various leadership theories.
Although there is not always a direct one-to-one relationship, there are numerous links between the concepts presented in the theories
and the practices outlined in the skill sets. Let's briefly look at each skill set and what it includes.
Finance For Managers